Tuesday, May 6, 2008

IMPACTING

So yeah like I said before, my class (R.T.Z.) always has a theme every year, and this year is about impact. On the third of Saturday 2008 it was just beginning to be May, and it was my brothers baseball game. My mom let me invite a friend to come and I invited one of my best friends Shay. Shay is a very nice person and has lots of fun with me. When we were at the baseball fields one of Christians friends, Connor was also at the baseball fields and he gave me and Shay some money if we ran across the field and back which we did because it was two dollars. So when we both got something we had fifty cents left and did not want to buy anything else so we just kept it until we saw Connor again. At that time my mom called me and said that the game is over and they are heading out so we can meet them at the snack shack. Five minutes already past by and these two little girls came to buy something from the snack shack and only had two dollars one for one girl and one for the other. The first girl got what she wanted but the second girl wanted something that was one dollar and fifty cents. So Shay and I both decided to give the girl our fifty cents because we did not need it and they both got what they wanted. At the same time they were saying their thank yous which made me feel really good about that because I realized that we both made a change in someone's life. Something so small made a big change.

1 comment:

Cherbear said...

That was very thoughtful of you and Shay to be generous like that. Things that are 'small'/'not a big deal' to us are huge to the people receiving them. I'm sure that girl was very appreciative and you girls probably brightened her day. Good job honey :D